DineLA and Steaks

Oh Prix-Fixe menus! How I will never tire of thee! Who's in for some good food lovin'??
http://www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?m=6&ref=2954&pid=268

Last week DD and I caught some Ruth's Chris for the Orange County Restaurant Week, and my, was it good! Nothing like the smell of beef roasted in butter... Like Anthony Bourdain said, "Mmmm. Tastes like it died screaming!"

Which brings us to my steak rankings! In a loose order of preference, since, well, all steaks are meat and therefore wonderful, I present to you my top 5 destinations for brilliance:
1. Ruth's Chris - It's all about the butter....
2. Lawry's Prime Rib - So tender and so wonderful. Once the manager walked up to me and saw that I was finishing a Lawry's Cut by myself. He said if I finished it, he'd give me another on the house. I finished it.
3. Mastro's Steakhouse - Classic and tender.
4. Porterhouse Bistro - Well-prepared and well seasoned. Order the 40-oz cut for two.
5. BOA - I think I just really like the roasted garlic.

On the list to try:
1. Cut (LA)
2. Jar (LA)
3. Peter Luger's (NYC)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by 5ugarless. Powered by Blogger.